Why are *some* Christians so judgmental?

It makes me sad when I see people telling people how "only their way" is right, and they know "what God wants", etc etc etc...

I'm not sure how that goes about spreading the Love of God...

I just don't get it.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some?

lol

I would say ALL

But I don't think it's limited to Christians either

Its a HUMAN trait

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• *some* Christians are judgmental
    BECAUSE
    some people are judgmental, and out of these people some are Christians

judgmental people come in all shapes, sizes, races, religions, sexual orientations, economic levels and cultural background
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It's not Christians. It's people. Some were raised better than others.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:11 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Every single "group" out there has some judgemental people in it. It doesnt' matter if they are Christians or not. It's just the way it is. I'm a Christian but I'm not judgemental at all. I believe the Bible is the true Word of God and that it should be left alone. I believe the way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. I strive to be the Christian that the Bible talks about. One who is not judgemental but loving. It is not my place to judge anyone. I am a sinner just as everyone else in the world is a sinner. Our judgement comes from God and not each other.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 9:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The same reason "some" non christians are judgemental, it's a personality trait and you can find it anywhere.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• As I have said many times, being judgmental is a human trait... but since many ppl claim the Christian religion, it is
    easier to point out 'Judgmental Christians" with their "Their way is the only way"... but in fact, Judgmental ppl come in all forms of religion beliefs (or lack of) color, cultural backgrounds...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No I would not say all. BEing judgemental is a HUMAN trait, has nothing to to with being Christian. There are people in every religion that will judge you and tell you that thier way is the true way. Heck I know atheist who will tell you believing in a God period is stupid and they will JUDGE you for it.

I will give someone my opinion if they ask for it, but I will not pass judgement on them for what they are asking, or if they take the advice or not. It's not my place to.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't think that Christians are any more judgmental than any other religions or atheists.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• People are either leaders or followers.  Pastors, Ministers, Priests etc... are leaders to a huge percentage of the American community.  They have their OWN agenda and use their followers in an attempt to enforce it.  The followers then become confused and angry when other people refuse to submit.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree that its not just Christians. WE ALL have our own ideas of what is right or wrong....good or bad.....so when someone goes against those ideas...we consider them wrong....whether we say it outloud or not.

I am a Christian, and we are taught to live by the rules set forth by God in the Bible, so when someone does something that is in violation of those laws, we consider them wrong...however, it does not make them bad or worse than anyone else, it makes them human, just like all of us!!! WE ALL make mistakes, it does make me sad when fellow Christians jump on others so quickly and harshly....that is NOT WHAT JESUS teaches us to do in the Bible...Jesus loved everyone despite their human faults...that is what we are suppose to do too!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2010