Help, Christian ladies!

I've helped my husband become closer to Christ, and that's good. It's wonderful. Except, now he thinks that he needs to voice his Godly opinion right smack in the middle of where it may offend some people, maybe even push them away. He does not care. I take the softer approach, and not shove my opinion down their throats. I get embarresed sometimes. My approach has WORKED my entire life. What should i do? Should I just pray about it?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 9:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say something. It's great that he's got passion, but turning people away with your exuberance doesn't display a spirit of gentleness, either.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would pray and pray and pray about it. Then talk to your husband when it is just you and him and be gentle. Tell him that it is great that he is closer to our Lord and everything but he needs to be more gentle when talking to non believers or whomever because he is turning them away. However, maybe that is what some people need. Basically just tell him your feelings, but ultimately it is up to him how he approaches a situation. he is the head of the house and if he thinks that is the right way then so be it. It is between him and God.
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 9:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It's great that your approach has worked for YOU your entire life, but what works for you may not work him or anyone else. I tend to be blunt and straight forward and that has worked for me. I know people at times have been offended by my statements, but other times I've had people say thanks for your bluntness I needed that. Sometimes they are offended at first, but then came back and have said thanks for that. I'm not in a place to tell you what to do in regards to your husband. You'll have figure that out yourself, seeing you know the situations and people involved better then anyone else. I just wanted to point out that your method of dealing with people isn't necessarily the right method for your husband. You both are two different people, you are going to have different approaches, methods, etc.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree, you need to pray about it, you don't want to dampen his passion, but on the other side..you may find his "in your face" is how God's working in his life. If he became a little gentler, would he feel less strong?? yes, he is head of the house, so this is where you need to just pray and let God handle it. When you get embarrased, don't show it, but tell him when you two are alone and are just chatting..may be more receptive.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 9:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Agree with lovin!

Answer by older at 9:57 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Try taking this problem to God. Pray for your husband. Pray specifically for the things you are concerned about. Really have a conversation with God about it. In the end, taking it to God, asking for help for yourself and for your hubby and then letting God work on it is all you can do. If your hubby is open to listening to the "still, small voice" of the Holy Spirit, he may learn a valuable lesson and it may be one that only God can teach him, if you know what I mean.
    collier5

Answer by collier5 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• what works for you does not work for everyone. to expect your husband to approach religion the same as you is really shoving your ideas down his throat. if he puts people off, then the consequences are his to suffer and he will refine his approach in his own time. it is not your responsibility to tell him how to practice, although you might encourage him to think about these things - sounds like he listens to you in these matters, but don't take it personally or let it upset you if he chooses to be as strong and vocal as he is for a while.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Tell him that he is giving christianity a black eye with his aggressive approach, because he is. Nothing is more off-putting to an undecided person than being in the path of a christian's hellfire and brimstone approach to witnessing. And nothing is more off-putting than having it shoved down your throat when you haven't asked for it first.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You know how there are times when you have to let someone learn something on their own?

This is one of them. Pray for patience...but let him do his thing.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The Bible tells us to be bold in our witness. Not everyone will come to Christ, but be thankful that he's being a witness. The Bible also tells us that the message of Christ will cause separation, and some people will be offended, but that doesn't negate our responsibility to be a bold witness. Is there a Hell? How much time do we have to warn others, and tell them the truth about Our Saviour? We have no idea how much time is left....he may be their last opportunity to hear the gospel. Eternity in Hell is a horrible thing....it's a bold message....be bold when telling it.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 10:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2010