Why?

do Christians feel their rights are being taken away??? What rights are those? to speak up about their beleifs? they do this here and everywhere on a daily basis, some get upset when comfronted with opposing views, doesn't the rest of the world have a voice too?

Asked by older at 10:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • No One is losing their rights... what is happening (and many do not like it) is that they have to "Allow" other beliefs just as much
    space as they have... the thing is ... those of the of non-Christian beliefs are now becoming more louder bc we are now
    tired of being told to sit on the back burner in a country of freedom... (JMHT's)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes the rest of the world does have a voice and it seems that in finding that voice we are persecuting them. I can't wait to see what rights have been taken from them. I guess it's because we aren't letting them use us as a doormat anymore.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Because society no longer gives them special status.
    Bezu

Answer by Bezu at 10:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'll say it this way..."We as American Christians try to be tolerant of other people's beliefs, but when those beliefs and practices interfere with our right to practice our religion, then we become EXTREMELY intolerant!" Tolerance only goes so far.....it seems we're required to be tolerant at all costs, but the "others" are not. They are allowed to push their agenda to the point of suffocation to someone else's belief system.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 10:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Christianity is the butt of many jokes in the media, but jokes about Muslim (for example) are not used in fear that it would offend them. Images of Christ can be used in offending ways, but an image of Mohamed can't be used in fear that it would offend. I've seen Christians being banned from handing out religious materials, but other religions are welcome and encouraged to hand out materials. There really is a double standard when it comes to these things, perhaps not social sites and Internet forums, but there is in the non-cyber world.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't feel I'm losing my rights, I would just like to enjoy a nativity scene or pray in public without feeling like I'm infringing on someone else's rights.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• How is your right to practice being interfered with can you give an example? I am not being rude or mean just curious.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree with TimandMely. It seems that we as Christians are expected to sit back and just take it when other's mock our beliefs, Our Children are told they cannot even carry a Bible to school for perssnal reading. Yet people of almost every other faith can say what they want about their religion in schools. I have no problems with people of different Faiths. I would NEVER mock another's beliefs, or tell you you should not do something. So why is it ok for other's to do it to me and my Faith?
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 10:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

I agree!

Its the same people that are FREAKING out about their LOST rights...and they have LOST NO RIGHTS...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Christians aren't loosing any RIGHTS...they're loosing their PRIVILEGES.

Some just cannot (or choose not to) see the difference.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010