Is there anything other than prescriptions that can help get rid of rosacea?

elizabr

Asked by elizabr at 10:25 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Health

• Actually, a change in diet can help. I have to stay away from caffiene (yeah, I dont do that one) and away from citrus/acidy stuff. I also take a combined Omega 3-6-9 capsule twice a day, and that seems to help. It has fish oil and a couple of other things that seem to help. I asked my Walgreens pharmacist and she was a big help. Heat and temperature also set mine off, so you do what you can about that. Keep as cool as possible, keep hydrated with ice water and non acidic drinks (stay away from orange juice, cranberry juice, and all the other fruity stuff I love!) Hormones also set mine off (relates back to temp I think), and the Omega (I call it my fish oil pills) seem to help regulate that too. Basically, thats about it in terms of non-rx stuff I know about. There is some makeup designed to help that has a greenish tint to it when you look at it, but when you put it on its good color and helps it. Best wishes for you.
    dianiewill

Answer by dianiewill at 10:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• make-up lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Use safer cosmetics without harsh chemicals.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Can't do makeup in this heat
    elizabr

Comment by elizabr (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• have you tried bare minerals
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Bare minerals is great coverage, but I am mildly allergic to it. Can't win!!!
    elizabr

Comment by elizabr (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Change of diet is great in general but won't kill the bacteria. You could try it though and wash your face with Phisoderm (a real anti-bacterial soap).

Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• p.s. I don't think you can "get rid" of it. My doctor says I'll have this for the rest of my life. I think you can buy the creams over the counter now. Ask your pharmacist.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I meant to say use safer cosmetics and SKINCARE without any harsh chemicals in them. I used to suffer too esp after babies. :) If you use make up..wash out your make up brushes at least one time a week. When you wash your face, do it really gently and leave water on it and then use your moisturizer on your wet skin. Drink lots of water.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:48 AM on Jul. 6, 2010