How can I get a neighbor to stop letting his dog go on our mailbox post?

I have asked him to stop, but the dog is so used to it that it takes a little work now for the neighbor to stop him. I have flowers planted there and he is ruining them.

Asked by elizabr at 10:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Home & Garden

• well my grandma has a sign stuck in her yard that looks cute but when you read it it says "here l the last dog who crapped in my yard" lol i swear she has never had a problem with it since

Answer by joycegina at 10:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• put antifreeze I am only kidding. If asking the neighbor to stop isn't working maybe let your child pee on his lawn???

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• LOL

Comment by elizabr (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Ask him again and tell him if he'd pay for a little fence or something to surround them to try to keep the dog back maybe that would help. other than that check legally what you can do.

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Geez, you have asked him and he still does it! That is so rude.

I like the idea of taking your child to his yard to pee and poo...LOL LOL LOL .....

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• If they dog isn't in a fenced in yard, it should be on a leash. I'm sure there is a leash law. I'm sorry, but I find that very rude after you asked. I would ask one more time, and if they still allow their dog to come in your yard, I would call animal control.

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• borrow a bigger dog from a friend and tie him to the post right before lets his dog pee on your flowers
    post a sign saying "please have your pet pee on your own flowers"
    put a shock collar thing on the post, OUCH, peeing on an electric fence hurts (so i am told)
    a sign that states "caution mailbox post is electrified, peeing dogs may be harmed"

Answer by fiatpax at 10:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• *If the dog*

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010