my dd finally added 2 words together!!:)!!!!

Brooke is almost 17 months, and this morning her Daddy left for work and he said to her "Bye Baby..." She responded with "Bye DaDa!"

Ahhh it was sooo cute!!! She kept saying it to after the first time. I then tried to get her to say some other things and she said "Love You ma"

:) How fun!!

Is she a late bloomer with this though?
What's the average age that a child starts joining 2 words together??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter started saying Whats this at about 15 months. She'll be 2 in August and she says. Uh oh, Oh No, Bath Time, Where did it go, All done and many more. She didnt really start talking that much until about a month in a half ago. I think your daughter is right on schedule.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yay! awesome!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• well she's been saying "whats that" uh oh , Love you, and little phrases like that, but thats different than adding two words together like More please or more carrots or something like that

she could easily just say more but by making it more than 1 word and understanding she adds please or carrots
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 10:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Hmmm. My daughter said her first word at 7.5 months, and was speaking in complete sentences at 18 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:53 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We're teaching her English Spanish and Sign language too. so she says words in those languages as well lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 11:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think every baby is different , but my 19 month old says Mama, Dad, Bye, sings the spongebob theme song & says feed baby. there will be days he doesnt say much then the next he talks up a storm in baby-talk and 2 words
    Alexis82

Answer by Alexis82 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yay mommy.. it just gets funner from here.. my son had a verbal explosion at 19 months.. he went from single words most of the time then 19 months hit and it was like 2 word, then 3 word then 4 word sentances it just totally was like watching him grow in front of my eyes!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• That's how i feel today!!! Just like...BAM!!!!
    :( i dont want her to grow!! I want her to stay little!!! LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010