If there was a formula that was an exact copy of breastmilk , would you still breastfeed?

Although sharing feeding duties may have been nice, I love knowing that only I can feed my daughter, and I love the simplicity of nursing her, no sterilising etc.

If your baby could recieve the same benefits from formula would you choose to beastfeed?

Just a thought, please don't get too serious and huffy at me lol.

Melissa15

Asked by Melissa15 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. Breastfeeding is free, along with all the benefits that it provides. Plus the idea of washing bottles and preparing them just doesn't work for me.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:51 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would still breastfeed, though would be more inclined to substitute when out on errands. Breastfeeding is SO convenient and I am lazy!! Nothing to sterilize, nothing to warm up, I don't even have to get out of bed! LOL!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would still breastfeed. Breastfeeding is not only beneficial to the baby, but also the mom. Lowering the risk of breast cancer for one thing. Formula feeding can't do that.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes I would still breastfeed. I'm too lazy to mess with bottles!
    mamabens

Answer by mamabens at 11:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Nah cause breastmilk would still be free. lol
    Although it would be nice to have a can or two around for when I was out or sick and hubby could take over without a pump ever having to come into play. :o)
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Nope, breastmilk is still free, instantly available and in a ready-to-feed container that requires to no preparation.
    jessicas718

Answer by jessicas718 at 1:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No I'm too cheap and lazy for formula lol. Never gonna be a formula that makes itself and comes free
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 2:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Only if the formula were free, self-mixing and the bottles were self-washing. Otherwise, too much money and work. But I would be delighted to see a good product out there for the moms who are willing to spend the cash and do the work.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes, I would... that way I wouldn't have to deal with making and washing bottles! I did both breastfeeding and formula feeding with my oldest, and after the first few weeks breastfeeding was easier for me!
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 12:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i would still breastfeed--my son was EBF for over 6 months and it was the coolest feeling knowing that he got all the sustenance he needed from my body. And I loved that it helped me lose baby weight, helps prevent breast cancer, and helps the uterus shrink after childbirth.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010