Question about spanking

For the ladies that don't spank what do you do when they are real bad? What kind of punishment for your older kids do u use that works?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 10:54 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• taking stuff away

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• She loses things, like her tv, her movies, her scooter, her bike, her barbies, her other dolls, her allowance. I once told her if she did something again, she'd have to pay me for misbehaving out of her savings bowl where she's saving her allowance for the new Tinkerbell movie.
    It works for us. I have no problem with spanking, but it's only came up twice in her 5 1/2 years, we use it as a last resort and haven't had to for nearly 2 years.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Spanking is a horrible idea. It only teaches children to be violent. There have been many studies to back up that claim. I would do time-out or take things away and explain why. I would also look into what you are feeding them because Red#40 and High Fructose corn syrup can effect the way kids act.
    widespreadpanic

Answer by widespreadpanic at 11:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Mine get a time out, standard, and if it's something really, really bad (which is rare) then they would lose privledges.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:46 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Define really bad. I can't think of a single thing that my son has done that would warrant hitting him, not even close. Actually I hardly ever need to punish him at all. The worst thing he does is refuse to clean his room and that's just a case of making him stay there until it's done. Once in a blue moon I take away a toy but that's a rare occurrence. If you raise them right and treat them as human beings then there should be very little need for punishment let alone physical violence.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Bad when you do it to kids - good when you do it to adults.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Just dumping answers!
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2010