is it worth buying a double stroller?

i will have an 18 month old and a newborn.....
how much use do you get out of a double stroller. and how do you get around with 2 kids lol

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 11:03 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids are 2 1/2 years apart. I never had one and we managed just fine. But 18 months is young to have to start walking everywhere. I think you are going to need one. Either that or a sling for the baby and the older one in the stroller. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I had a 20 month old and a newborn and my mother in law bought me a double stroller and I only used it for about 4 months before my 2yr old refused to ride in it but those four months were the best having it. I don't know that I would go out and buy a new one but maybe look on craigslist for one or a used one at a consignment shop.
    l0v3myg1rl5

Answer by l0v3myg1rl5 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have a double stroller but i have a 2yr old a 1 yr old and a 6 week old, I use it all the time!!! It was easy to go out with the stroller when i just had the two! Im still learning how to go out by myself with 3 LOL Good luck!
    anfisasmommy

Answer by anfisasmommy at 11:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I love my double seated stroller! I have the Baby Trend - Delux Sit N Stand, it has 2 seats for younger children and then the back seat comes off to turn into the sit n stand. When we had our second our first was 3 and now they are 1 and 4 and i still use it! I dont use it all the time just if we go to the mall or a parade or fair or something that consists of alot of walking. That way when my 4 year old gets tired or i get sick of yelling at him to stay close he can sit. I think having a double seated stroller takes alot of stress off out door activities and shopping!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Sounds like you are going to need one. If the 18 month old passes out while you are at the mall alone, you are stuck carrying him AND pushing a stroller at the same time!!! I used my stroller with my kids quite a bit, but I was more into my sling.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My in laws bought us a double stroller, and we use it just about everytime we go out to get groceries etc. We've got twins (that's when they got it) and a DD who are 21 months apart.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• my kids are 16 months apart. i bought a double stroller and it sat in the shed until i finally took it out and sold it. it was a waste of money if you ask me. i had ds walk everwhere, and used ds's old single stroller for dd when she was born. ds didn't mind, he loved walking. still does. in stores i'd just have him hold the buggy, or the stroller. worked well for me. when we went to amusment parks/zoo, dd was sitting up, so we just used a wagon.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I rarely use a stroller and I only used my double a few times. At that age I would go with the one that the older child can sit on a bench type seat and the baby has a normal stroller in the front. The sit and stand as mommyof one mentioned.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I had a triple stroller. My daughter was the same age when my twins were born. It came in handy...2 yr olds get tired too. But yes soon they will be wanting to run. But it is good to have..you can always carry extra groceries or stuff in it.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I love my sit and stand!! I have a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old.. and I use it every time we go out. They sell them at Target.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010