Did anyone ever just take folic acid pills for a couple of weeks to help with nausea?

I just got some folic acid pills to take for a short period of time to let my nausea subside.

I know I can take the flintstones...but they all have aspartame in them and I dont like that.

Will that do for just a few weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are pregnant, you should be taking them throughout the entire pregnancy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:12 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Oh yes I know I normally take a whole prenatal vitamin, but they were making my nausea 10x's worse.

So I decided to do just the folic acid for a few weeks until my stomach was more normal.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You can get whole food children's vitamins that don't contain aspartame. Is there a wegmans near you? Their store brands are inexpensive and high quality.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We dont have a wegmans...but I do know of a whole foods store downtown....I didnt think of that.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Do they make you naseous if you take them before bed so they dissolve at night? But, yes you could do that until it settles.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It is important to take the Prenatal vitamins --they have Folic acid and B6 which also helps. I would try to take them everyday even if they make you feel nauseated ---your baby and your body need all the vitamins.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• There are vitamins like Flinstones that do not contain the artificial sweeteners. Maybe they could be an option for you..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The Prenatal made me sick as hell though my pregnancy, I had morning noon and night sickness from 4 weeks to a week AFTER I gave birth- My doc gave me anti nausea meds, but that made it worse and not better. I had to take the Flintstones ones, my doc told me two a day were as good as my prescribed meds. N thank god, for the MOST part, I never threw them up.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 11:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I took gummy vitamins for the first hald of my current pregnancy. I had hyperemesis. I take folic acid throughout pregnancy and when we are TTC because we have poor pregnancy history with birth defects.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010