I was with my family on 4th of July at a big park...

I was amazed at how many kids the lost there parents or parents lost thier kids! Not big kids some as young as 2, 3 and 4 years old. I don't know what parents are thinking! I have a 19 month old that was in a stroller the whole time but if he wasn't, then there would be no way I would let him out of my sight! Does it seem really strange to you too? Or is it just me?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's my biggest fear. I watch my kids like a hawk when we are in crowds. I have 3, so it's tough. I thought I lost my 7 year old this weekend. It was just a second I saw her, then looked at my son for a minute, turned my head back to her and she was gone. I felt nauseous and immediately got frantic, imagining the worst. My husband was in the bathroom with my older son. She had moved down the boardwalk about 15 feet and was looking in one of those binocular things. I found her right away, but my god, that was scary!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:40 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think it happens easier and quicker than you realize
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• you have a 19 month old that sat in the stroller the whole time you were at the park? what 19 month old does that?
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Were they really lost, or were they just not with their parents? Huge difference!
    And if they were lost, it happens so fast. I mean, you blink, and where the hell is the kid?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It doesn't take but a second and you have to remember it was concentrated number of people and kids so it may have sounded like a lot but I am sure if you broke down the percentage it would be pretty small.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:22 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• please don't judge..I went to the bathroom on July 4th with my in laws watching the middle one and when I came out... literally two minutes later, she was gone.

She had wandered into the next door neighbors house (who was also family,) but no one had communicated to each other, and no one got up to look when I started to freak out except dh and mil.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:20 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I can see how it could happen but I don't let my seven year old out of my site even at play grounds and such. Those big climbing playgrounds I will follow her around the thing walking so I can see her at all times. She is very fearful and it's reassuring to her to see us and I don't trust people to have my kid out of my site.
    Michele975

Answer by Michele975 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yeah I guess thats true. There were just dozens of them! I was amazed!

Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:17 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• armywife43 Not the whole time we were at the park but the whole time we were walking around the park. Sorry I should have explained. He did play on the blanket

Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010