Low blood sugar

Does anyone know of any daily vitamins that will help with this? Also, we're trying to conceive, does anyone know if low blood sugar can affect our possibilities of doing so? Thanks mamas! :)

CinnamonScallop

Asked by CinnamonScallop at 11:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have low blood sugar. I had no problem conceiving. Just make sure you eat enough protein. Have protein at every meal. Also, if you feel light headed during the day, have a protein snack like cheese, yogurt or peanut butter.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have heard that the B-Complex vitamins are good for people with hypoglycemia.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• thank you for the responses!!
    CinnamonScallop

Comment by CinnamonScallop (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Try eating six small meals a day to keep your blood sugars level. And if for any reason it drops, make sure you have some glucose tablets handy. I don't know if that is what made it so hard for dh and I to conceive or not. But I do know that if I don't eat the six small meals a day while pregnant that I have WAY more problems than I should have, and it causes me to pass out (a lot).
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Always eat protein and fat with your carbs - that has worked wonders for me. Hang in there! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:16 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• (For example, a great snack for me with my low blood sugar has always been walnuts with dried cranberries. The nuts have fat and protein to go with the cabrs in the fruit).
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:17 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• Eat lots of fruits. Eat lots of vegetables. These have lots of vitamins and minerals. I would really up those. 5 a day is simply not enough for anyone.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 9:32 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• This is great and so informative- thank you.
    My body has been so out of whack, and we thought I was pregnant initially and then found out instead its low blood sugar. But we are trying to get pregnant, as well. Cut out the caffeine and alcohol, and I am not much of a sugar person anyways. Will definitely start eating more, smaller meals (lol LOVE that- ha ha I love food), and adding more fruits, veggies, nuts and proteins into my diet. Picked up B-vitamins yesterday.
    Will pick up glucose tablets- any particular type?
    Yeah the dizziness has not been fun, or the way it affects me after a workout. Thats been just awful, and is making me cut back on my workouts- which isnt cool. Need to figure out how to balance it out.
    CinnamonScallop

Comment by CinnamonScallop (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Jul. 7, 2010