my 19 month old doesn't like water?

Just wondering if any of you moms have tips on how to get a baby to drink more water esp in this heat.
we always mix half water and juice or whatever we give him but I think he should be drinking at least some water?
he only ever takes 2 sips and then thats it.
can babys have a certain type of flavored water??

Alexis82

Asked by Alexis82 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you are mixing it with Juice then he is drinking water.
    widespreadpanic

Answer by widespreadpanic at 11:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You could try those aquafina flavored waters. My kids all love those, and because they taste yummy it ups their water intake by A LOT. This is a method that their doctor suggested.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:29 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I owuldnt give him flavored water because many of them have artificial sweetners. You could try to sweeten it with fruit. Even addind a few chunks of fruit to the sippy cup may help. Offer water more often and do 1/4 juice to 3/4 water. He will get thirty enough to drink it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yep... disguise it!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would offer water with even less juice in it. That is what I do with my son. He absolutely will not drink water unless he sees you pouring juice in with it.. So I put just a little bit in the water, and he will drink it just fine.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i give my son flavored water and spring water like aquafina
    sarahmcdaniel

Answer by sarahmcdaniel at 11:41 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My son drinks alot of water!! But i have noticed that since i started giving him juice he isn't wanting to drink water as much a he use to. I would try to put more water in the sippy and just a little bit of juice. Then as soon as he gets use to that just take away the juice and give him water. Still maybe juice once a day after he is drinking just water.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The problem with juice is the high sugar content and that doesn't help the water intake.
    You can do flavors in waters as long as it doesn't have a high sugar count.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I froze "not from concentrate" apple juice into small ice cubes and put 2 or 3 in his water, just enough to flavor it.
    Also you can try regular ice, shaved, or pellet or crushed. I put it in a bowl and DS cant get enough. He thinks it's dessert!!!! He just walks around munching on ice all day.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My 15 month old HATES water. I will disguise it when I can, but most of the time she won't even have that. I wish she would drink more water. Although, she does LOVE Sobe Life flavored water. No artificial sweeteners.

MrsPeek

Answer by MrsPeek at 12:08 PM on Jul. 7, 2010