What could this be? jaw/ear pain!

The last couple days my jaw has hurt. Kinda like i pulled a muscle or my bite was off when i slept. Now 3 days later my ear hurts on that side. Has anyone else had this? could it be wisdom teeth?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Health

• It could most definitely be wisdom tooth pain. Most jaw and ear pain in adults stems from teeth issues. If the pain is too much, try some tylenol or a little motrin. Those will definitely help.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 11:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It could be either - your best bet to find out what it is would be a trip to the doctor.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Could be TMJ. I have no idea what TMJ stands for, but does your jaw click, or stick or feel stiff? Also, you could be grinding your teeth at night... Try an over the counter night mouth guard. There could also be the possibility of an ear infection, but I think that this is the lease likely.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:34 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It makes me wonder if you have TMJ (TemporoMandibular Joint) problems. I have TMJ issues and sometimes my jaw and ear will hurt. Here is a web address for the wikipedia web page describing TMJ. Check it out and see if that is what you are experiencing.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporomandibular_joint_disorder
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It could be an earache. It could be you have a molar coming in. It could be an infection in your tooth or in your sinuses. It could be that you need to go to the doctor and ask them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I am going to the dentist in a few days for my cleaning. Thanks for all the answers. I thought i just slept funny and my bite felt off..it has just been a few days. Hope the dentist has answers..it just feels sore. TMJ sounds like a possibility...
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010