Help! My 10 year old!

Help my 10 year old daughter has such an attitude especially with her sisters. Being the oldest. Is there something positive I can do?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 11:52 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• You could try teaching them about respect for each other. Sisters are going to have squabbles and treat each other poorly from time to time, but you need to teach her that she is the oldest and that she has a responsibility as the oldest to take care of her younger siblings and to make sure that they are safe. This should instill a sense of pride in her and hopefully, make her ease off the younger ones.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Have them work as a team doing something like a board game..........them against mom and dad. Teach cooperation. There are good books out there too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have a 10 year old daughter and she acts the same way with her sister. I try talking to her,
    and explaining that they are sisters, and that sisters do not treat each other that way.
    lbjd457

Answer by lbjd457 at 7:11 PM on Aug. 23, 2010