When i had my surgery in April, the nurse told me the OB doctor said his wife would not have a vaginal birth.I asked her why she said its mess a woman body up.I was wondering have anybody heard of this.And this is something coming from a OB doctor.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 11:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Health

• Ridiculous.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• He is probably very vain and self centered.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I know a doctor (General practitioner) who said the same thing about his wife. He said there was no way she was going through labor. She had c-sections.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• OMG seriously. That is very ignorant to say. A woman's body is made to carry children and give birth.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• A woman'sbody can actually have complications and lifelong damage and so can her baby if her pelvis is small. The baby will be born with broken collar bones, for example,which is something to avoid. A woman's pelvic floor can be damaged and her bladder or rectum can prolapse,for example. It sounded like the Doctor's WIFE decided on a C-section. I say ...who cares? It is her choice, not yours. I had three vaginal births and they were fine because I have a large pelvis and no complications but I would agree to a C-section if there was a chance of damage to my baby or my body. Let women make their own choices. It is none of your business.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• ummmm hello thats what the womans body is supposed to do give birth ... that sounds rediculous mess up a womans body? obviously the doctor doesnt want his wifes body messed up... we are supposed to give birth and go into labor i think c section should be a last resort not an option if you dont want to give birth vaginaly
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 1:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• because his wife married a doctor and has money so she is probably a snob. I say if you dont want a bad body dont get pregnant. I have stretch marks but I am proud of them all.
    nessy1980

Answer by nessy1980 at 2:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Some people think that theyare "too posh to push". Yes, there can be complications. But I never hear these people talk about the complications of a C-Section. I work in a hospital and I have seen several patients where their bladder was nicked and/or their bowels were nicked during a c-section. They all ended up back in the hospital (with out baby...who had to stay at home) and required more surgery. If they nick your bowel- it's a good chance you will have an ostomy for at least a while. That's a pretty steep price to pay so you don't have to push. Obviously, some people need C-Sections, but people should know they are not risk free.
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 7, 2010