how much tv time is approperate for a 5 year old for summer? What about winter?

I say summer cause I figure less tv time since it is nice out and winter cause they get bored in the house all day and don't play much outside with being cold. We got cable today in her room, but only cause it was free up to 4 rooms. But I don't want her in her room sll day so I was thinking so much a day and then let her a half hour before bed. But what is approperate? I also wanted to do a reward chart where if she gets so many stickers for being good then she get an extra whatever at the end of the week. What should I add on for good behavior?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:59 AM on Jul. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids watch TV in the morning, then in the afternoon we play and go outside. Then they get a little more TV time after dinner. That goes for the summer and winter, except in the winter we don't go outside as much. We tend to just play inside all day.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't think there is a set time..but there is plenty of other things to do during the summer or the winter to do besides watch tv.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't keep track of how much time the tv is on because it's not used as a babysitter but I wouldn't use it as a reward either.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We don't even turn ours on during the summer especially when the kids are up. Just too much to do outside. In the winter that is different as we get snowed in a lot. Then I really don't limit, but my kids find other things to do even in the winter months.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010