What advice would you give a mom for her first days home with baby?

What did you do on your first days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Relax♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• enjoy it they aren't little long enough!
    l0v3myg1rl5

Answer by l0v3myg1rl5 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I rested as much as I possibly could. Always put my children in a bassinet next to my bed, so they were closer to me when it came feeding time.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Put everything you need within arms reach, telephone, remote, wipes, diapers and burp cloth...!!! and don't overdo, no matter how well you feel.
    ShelbysHope

Answer by ShelbysHope at 12:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• S L E E P!! When that baby sleeps you had better sleep to. I tried not taking my own advice with DD and became very fatigued.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 12:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• sleep when the baby sleeps and make someone else do the dishes. Breastfeed, even just a little.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• trust your instincts
    remember when you find yourself worrying
    that moms worry all the time, get used to it
    trust that worry, but do not let it consume you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• slept between feedings with my son. with dd, i'd put her down, spend some time with ds, then dh would take care of ds while i slept. he would even get dd while i slept, unless feeding time
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Make sure you have as much help as possible, because as you're healing up you'll really want that help. Accept the help given by other people. Let go of your pride and let them help you. It'll be nice to sit and relax while things are done for you, so you can take care of yourself and baby. Sleep when the baby sleeps. I don't care if you're against naps or not, you'll thank yourself for sleeping when baby sleeps later. Like at 3am, 6 am, etc when baby wants fed. If baby wants held all the time, then hold baby all the time. It'll save you a lot of headache when baby is screaming from not being held. Take it easy. Husband, friends, family can take care of everything else, but you and baby need to relax.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Get as much sleep as possible and pace yourself. It's very easy to become overwhelmed.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010