School Uniforms: How many tops and bottoms do you buy?

My little one will be entering Headstart next month so I have to buy school uniforms.. I'm thinking I should buy her five bottoms and five tops to start off with.. any suggestions? Where are you buying your kids uniforms?

gotfavor

Asked by gotfavor at 12:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I went to private school as a child and my Mom always bought enough to take me through a full week.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My son can wear red, white or navy polo's and navy or khaki pants. I buy 2 of each pant and 2 of each shirt. That's it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I bought 3 bottoms, and 5 tops. Pants last longer than tops, depending on color. If they are navy, you can get away with much fewer because they won't stain, if they are khaki, you should get tons of shout!!! lol
    Most choose white shirts, which need to be bleached and stain treated- I only wash whites once a week, which is why I bought enough to last the week, but fewer pants.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would buy at least 5 of each- try shopping at walmart or http://www.frenchtoast.com/
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My kids went to Catholic school and I got each girl 1 jumper (they are like $50 each), 1 short sleeve blouse, 1 long sleeve blouse and we ended up with an extra short sleeve one.

My son got 3 pairs of pants and 2 short sleeve shirts and 2 long sleeve shirts.

And that was it.  I went to Catholic school for 13 years and I never had more than 1 jumper/skirt and usually 2-4 blouses/tops (some short, some long sleeve).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• It depends on how often you do laundry and since you LO is a preschooler I would get 5 of each. The chance of wearing the pants more than once is slim.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• 3 bottom and 3 top
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010