Strange pregnant test result?

Okay, so I just took an HPT. The control line showed up but the positive result line was not there. There was a horizontal (a positive line would be vertical) squiggly line that showed up partly in the positive window and connected to the control line. Does this make any sense and is this a positive?

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I think you should take another test. You can also call the customer service center of the company that makes the first test and tell them about it. They should replace it or refund you.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'd say its a bad test try again:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i would take another sometimes they dont work right! it look me 3 tests to get one that said yes ur pregnant without a dout! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree, take another test. If you have a dollartree where you live, go buy one there, they work just as well as the brand name ones, but are a LOT cheaper! :-)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree get another one and call the help line.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• omg...i took one this morning and thought i noticed the same thing!! I bought one from the dollar store and kept looking cuz i noticed a faint pink line horizontal across. I thought i was just seeing stuff. Did you buy a dollar store one too?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Test again. If you can, I'd go with a different brand this time.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 1:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• if you have an ebay account, you can buy the urine strips. I got 30 ovulation test strips and 10 pregnancy test strips for 5 bucks. it's the same ones they use in clinics. it saved me loads of money. Good luck!
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 11:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010