If you could open your own business from home....

What would you do? What kind would it be?

OmbreGracieuse

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 12:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would do crafty type stuff - I LOVE making stuff.. all sorts of stuff..

If I knew I could support my family doing it I would quit my job and do it, but you never really know what your income is with something like that, it isn't steady. :-(
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Day care/childminding if I could afford to live in a house big enough to have extra rooms just for the kids
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• would paint and sell my paintings at a fancy pants big city gallery to rich people for huge amounts of money (before i was dead)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You know Melissa, I have a friend who owns a daycare. She can afford her house because the extra rooms she keeps them in are considered a business, so they are tax deductible. I don't know if that helps at all, but it might!

I agree FatGirl, I would totally rock a photography business if it was steady enough. :D Ever check out etsy.com?
    OmbreGracieuse

Comment by OmbreGracieuse (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• ps
    this icon thing not one of my apintings
    just liked it with the peace symbols and dragonflys
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• fiat... what about some kind of farmer's market? maybe you could start there?
    OmbreGracieuse

Comment by OmbreGracieuse (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. I like to separate my home life from my work life.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I dunno Pnukey, I've always felt that way, but now that I work full time and my husband stays home (it's never been any other way) and my daughter is getting older (she's 18 months) I can't help but feel a little envious. He gets tons of 1-on-1 baby time and he knows all of her favorites, her likes and dislikes... and I only see her for maybe five hours at best before she goes to bed. I feel, especially lately, that an at-home job would be appealing.

What do you do, may I ask?
    OmbreGracieuse

Comment by OmbreGracieuse (original poster) at 3:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010