how much nilk should baby drink?

the dr says my 1 year old should drink 4 cups of milk a day, but now that she is walking she just isnt interested in milk intil bed time. what should i do? and should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No..I wouldn't be worried. My oldest wouldn't drink any milk..ever. . unless it was chocolate. Try to give her yogurt & cheese products.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• my son drinks a lot of milk; a lot of juice gives him diarrhea.
    so he drinks probably....6 or so cups of milk a day, but I'm not complaining, I love that he loves his milk so much.

maybe just keep offering it to her? you can't exactly force her to drink milk, just keep offering it though.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• 16 - 24 oz of dairy is the daily recommendation for a toddler.
    Check out this link its a great guide. http://www.babyzone.com/baby/nutrition-chart.pdf
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would just give her milk products like cheese, yougurt, and cottage cheese

Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• One thing we do is keep a sippy of milk in the fridge and every 30 minutes or so I offer it to her and just put it back in the fridge. She drinks about 20 oz of milk a day and usually has a yogurt daily as well.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 1:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010