Question for families with alot of kids

What kind of vehicle do you drive I need one that can hold 2 car seat and a booster seat. There are 6 kids and 2 adults.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 1:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have only three kids, but I drive a Pontiac Montana. Most mini vans seat 7, but the our Montana has three seats in the second and third rows. So it seats 8.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• If I were you, I would look into a school bus!! JK. I have 3 adults and 3 kids (me, DH, roommate, DS1, DS2, DS3) - 2 FF car seats and a booster. We had to upgrade to a minivan, but for the longest time I considered something like a church bus. Really.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 1:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Chevy Astro Van, house on wheels.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have an Expedition w/ third row seats. It will hold 6 car seats, if needed and then two adults up front.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have a Nissan Quest (mini van) and love it. I only have 3 kids, but they are all under the age of 4 so I have 3 carseats in my van. With the 3 carseats there is still room for 2 adults to sit in the back plus the driver sit and front passenger.

I test drove large SUV's (like the Expedition) and vans. I decided on the van because it's way easier to get in back to buckle little ones in their carseats than it is in an SUV.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We have a suburban and it can seat 8
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We are a family of 6, we drive an expedition with a 3rd row option (4 kids & 2 adults)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We have 4 kids and a pickup truck (the kind with 4 doors, full back seat).  The 3 girls who are in carseats/boosters sit in the back.  My son (he's almost 9) sits up front between us when we're all in the truck.  If one of the older girls isn't with us then he sits in the back in their booster.

Next week we have baby #5 and won't fit in the truck any more.  Not sure what we'll do then.  We can't afford to buy another car any time soon so we won't be going anywhere as a family for awhile.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010