What's Your Dream Job?

I am a huge advocate for having a career that people are truly happy with. I think there is nothing better than doing something you love everyday. And if you can earn an income doing it, that's even better. I've witness too many of my friends and family go to a j-o-b they hate everyday, year after year, just so they can make ends meet. They all have dreams of a better career doing something they really love, but for whatever reason they let other things get in the way.

My mom just retired from a job that she hated. It was extremely stressful to the point that she experienced anxiety attacks. It makes me sad that she spent all that time stressed and unhappy and not doing what she really loved!

Are you happy in your career or job? If you could change careers, what would you love to do instead?

CEOAprilMarie

Asked by CEOAprilMarie at 1:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well Im a SAHM but if it were PAID I would be even happier :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Stay at home mommy!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would own a combination health food store and coffee shop

Answer by rkoloms at 1:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I am a potter, that IS my dream job. I love making pots and I get to make my own schedule, so I have lots of time with my kids and husband.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• designing wedding dresses, flower girl and first communion dresses - which I now do.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I like what I do; I'm a computer programmer, and have been for 13+ years. My dream is to have my own small IT consulting company where I could set my own hours.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Nurse or actress, I liked being a SAHM but I also need to work
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I love being a stay at home mom, but i do wanna go back to work, I really wanna go to beauty school and art school for design! MY dream is to have my own salon and furniture store, Like designing the fabrics, pollows exc!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would love to be able to be a stay at home mom and not stress about if my husband can support us. I am a photographer right now, but business is slow, I would still love to do photo shoots on the weekends, if I could get EVERY weelend booked!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i am doing it I am a writer opening my own anime production house. I graduate in 2012 and I will be moving my business to Japan!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010