Toddler hydration....

Ok, my son has been weaned from the bottle and formula for a week today. I dont think he is drinking enough. The max he has consumed in one day was 27 oz. Its usually 18 or less. I dont know what to do. I have tried water, flavor water, milk, different kinds of juice, formula. Nothing works. He will gladly drink, just not enough. And ideas?

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 1:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Camryn is the same way. She is wetting plenty so I dont worry yesterday she drank 21 oz of milk and 12 oz of water. One thing we do is offer it to her often. I just keep the sippy in the fridge and if we walk by she gets a drink. In the evenings she plays in baby jail and I leave the cup downthere with her so she can drink from it. I think its one of those things where the more practice they get the more they will drink.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 3:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• As long as he's wetting 3-4 diapers a day he's fine. It just may take him a while to work up to 27 oz.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Hes is wetting that amount. He also makes pleanty of tears and drools like a beast, so i know he isnt dehydrated. I just worry he will get there.
    carsonsmommytam

Comment by carsonsmommytam (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I can't give any advice on how much they need a day, etc...because I have my own recommendations from my doctor for how much milk my son should be getting because of low iron count. BUT I can tell you that the G2 Gatorade is my son's favorite! The doctor told me that could be used if my son didn't like pedialite. You have to make sure it's the G2 though they said because it has less sugar than the others. Good luck!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010