What would you have done if you were 25 and never had a job?

Would you look for a job 24/7, and not get any sleep at night?

annalem

Asked by annalem at 1:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sorry this question seems to be idiotic.... How is it possible to look for a job 24/7. I would be looking everyday for most of the day but 24/7???? C'mon

youngmom33

Answer by youngmom33 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would be looking for work every waking minute, yes. Even if I were talking to a friend, I would mention to them that if they know of anyone hiring to let me know. But yes, I would be looking for a way to support myself.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree with youngmom.... How can you look for a job 24/7?
    At some point, you'd run out of places to apply to and you'd just be sitting there.. waiting.
    I would do what slw suggests. Even while talking to a friend, mention that you're looking for a job- spread the word. At the same time, I would actively be searching every day. I wouldn't change my sleep patterns or alter my entire schedule altogether to look for a job.

Best of luck to you.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Not getting sleep at night is counterproductive, because you'd flunk every interview.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Actually if I was 25 again and never had a job I would probably never get one. I would instead invest my time into building a successful business so I would not have be controlled by someone else.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'd make looking for a job, my job. Make a plan for what you'll do from 9-5, Monday -Friday. Checking the internet or paper each morning for job listings, filling out applications, scheduling interviews, etc.
    Maybe consider calling a temp agency and get some experinence under your belt.
    Take a free online apptitude test to see what jobs maybe be better for you.
    It takes some time, but you're investing in yourself so it's well worth it.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 6:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010