How do i deal wth postparum despression?

i just found out a few days ago that i have PPD and i dont know how i deal with it. i hate taking the meds they gave me. If anyone had it or has please help me?

JPerez1020

Asked by JPerez1020 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Health

• I would take B12 and go outside. sunlight and getting out helps you. Listen to some happy music, I prefer Grandma got ran over by a reindeer, it perks me up.
    nessy1980

Answer by nessy1980 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Get help. Talk to your doctor, find out about a support group, etc. Most hospitals have a new mother's program. Call yours for information. Educate your self and your husband. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• most important thing is talk to someone speak whatever is on ur mind....i had it for a while i didnt like taking meds either i am on some now that i only take when i feel like i need them and they do help good luck
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 2:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Vitamin D3 is good or Saint John's Wart but if your BF check with your dr. I tried the lexapro and that worked for a while with only one SE. Get into a therapist because that is the only way your going to help yourself or even an anger management class.
    TinaP0223

Answer by TinaP0223 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Try to eat a diet thats produce and protein. You'll sleep better and have more energy. Stay away from any processed foods the chemicals and presevatives can really mess with your hormones. As many green vegetables as you can handle will help get you back on track.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 6:59 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i was diagnoised with ppd and ptsd when ds was 7 months. i have only been off the meds when i was pregnant with dd in 08. i hate the meds to but believe me without it im not the best i can be for my kids. going outside helps as does being able to get a goods night sleep. even though the sleeping pills only work for about 5 hrs at best for me. also have ur dh take the night shift with the kids if the get up. i understand that breastfeeding is something dads really cant do but with being on the antidepressants ur not suppossed to breastfeed. when i was frist put on the meds the doc said take the baby out of ur bed and room. also have your spouse help u at night. my hubby takes the responsiblity of the kids at night. dd who is 21 months sleep through the nite and ds who is 3 ask for milk at least once. u need to sleep so take the meds
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 10:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010