Vow Renewal Question...

Has someone here done a vow renewal? If so did you put no gift please on our invitations?
We will be together for 6 years in Sept. and married for 5 in Nov. In the past three years we have planned my funeral twice and watch our relationship grow in the process. We did not get to have a big wedding the first time because we were concentrating on making our business grow. How did you word your invites?

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 2:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can say no gifts please at the bottom. You can also say something like, "The pleasure of your company is the only gift we want (or will accept)"
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• This is entirely up to you.
    If you never had that big wedding with no gifts or anything... it's perfectly acceptable to not mention the gifts or even do a wedding registry. Or, if you're not comfortable with gifts, then you can write "no gifts" (I like elizabr's wording, that's awesome!)

Congrats on everything!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Thanks ladies!
    lapcounter

Comment by lapcounter (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think it's a great idea, and I also LOVE the way elizabr put it!!! Also.....as a side note....why did ya'll plan your funeral twice? Are you ill? Hoping everything is MUCH better!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 2:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• TimandMely4ever, when our youngest daughter was born 3 years ago I developed a blood clot and was in serious condition for 5 days, they told my husband to call in our family and preacher and to start making plans, then last year I had thyroid cancer so instead of maybe going through chemo and trying to do it we just updated everything, luckily everything turned out okay and by taking my thyroid out it took care of everything, thanks :)

lapcounter

Comment by lapcounter (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Thanks! I'm glad everything turned out okay! My hubby and I went through something similar when my youngest was 6 months old. I developed a tumor in my abdomen the size of a watermelon. It had a little over 3 liters of fluid in it, and they thought it would be cancerous when they "went in"...PRAISE THE LORD it wasn't! It ruptured just as the doctor began to remove it and they had to "vacuum" all of it out of me. My hubby went gray that day! Even in the hard times....God is Good.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 3:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes he is, all of this has done nothing but made our marriage stronger.
    lapcounter

Comment by lapcounter (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Well I am glad your living and planning the rest of your life. Congratulations. I just had a vow renewal at the beach and we did not have invites. Just close family.
    First if your sending invites make them reflect your style, informal if the event is informal. Fancy if it you like. They set the tone for the event. I loved this web site below. It tells you to just state "No gifts please" or "your presence is the the only gift we need"

http://www.party411.com/faq.html#Nogifts
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010