Do you stay indoors when it is offensively hot outside ?

right now it's 102 where i'm at but with the humidity it feels like 106 and they keep giving annoucements over the television to please stay indoors becuases of the mercury rising and cuasing asthma attacks and other life threatining conditions would you still take your children to the playgound?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely not.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:05 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• not in that heat. talk about being miserable! i hate humidity
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We stay in when it is hot like that. I am susceptible to heat stroke.

Luckily though where I live is dry, so in the shade with a slight breeze it isn't too bad when it goes over 100 degrees.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I reread this again. I meant "Absolutely not" to the question in your details box - if I would still take my children to the playground.
    I would stay indoors if it was extremely hot, to the point where they were giving announcements.
    Usually, if it's too hot and way too uncomfortable for me then I know it'll be that way for my kiddos. We either go exploring in museums or do indoor activities.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No way!! play some board games or cards in the house.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• There is no way I would take my kids to do anything outdoors like a playground, etc. We have a pool, so we make a trip out to swim, then come right back in. Also making sure they drink lots of water. I have a thermometer outside that says its 108 and that is under the shade of the deck umbrella, can't imagine what it would say sitting in the sun.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Nope! When it gets that hot we stay inside or go to an indoor 'fun' place like the library, or McD with an inside play area, chuck e cheese.... I don't do well with heat/high humidity.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• When my girls were younger and so was I, lol, I took them out just before the sunset or early in the morning, then had them inside in the afternoon.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• well it gets close to 120 here ...its pretty much been around 110 the last few weeks, and we let him play outside, we keep him hydrated, but not to the playground, we have a pool and he swims which keeps him cooled off
    Mommy2JoshNJake

Answer by Mommy2JoshNJake at 2:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No Way- Not in the middle of the day; you could maybe take them around 7:00pm- they still would have alot of time to play before dark!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010