Deducted points for reporting a question?!

If there is a question posted here that obviously violates the rules for Cafemom and disturbs the peace, like talking about a particular race, why is it that when a member takes initiative to report it, you get points taken away from you? Do you ladies feel this is right? I am not sure what the fairness behind this is? It doesn't seem right to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• ladies if you read about the changes you would see that you only lose points for reporting questions that dont break the guidelines. BUT if they take your report and remove it, YOU ARE GIVEN EXTRA POINTS BACK. Please before getting angry, go to the phi beta group so you can see all the changes, its been available for everyione for about 3 weeks now....
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• nope,thats bull!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• its bull! But oh so worth it! You have been deleted!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 2:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I may be wrong, but I think it's not like losing points it's that you're spending credits. If you have to spend credits to report, it keeps people from making frivelous reports. I think that's why they're called credits instead of points. You earn them like money, and then judiciously get to spend them to do things like report posts, delete some of your answers, etc.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I hadn't seen that! How lame! It doesn't seem right to me, either. Maybe it's CafeMom's way of ensuring that we only report the ones that really need reporting? That's all I can think of.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• That's not right! :( Where did this happen?
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 2:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• you shouldve put this in the crazy for credits section cuz this deserves lots of bumps =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't think its right! But that question was RIDICULOUS & it was totally worth the deduction!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think this is wrong.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i don't think you will get credit though for being anon.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010