Have you ever met anyone who tries to degrade everyone by correcting their grammar?

Their is this "friend" on Facebook who keeps going around correcting everyones grammar.

He use to do this in school too, sort of had a "geee your stupid' attitude towards most everyone. No one was a refined as he thought he was.

Just annoyed I guess...lol

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 2:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They are already degrading themselves by using bad grammar.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• My boss corrects everyone, i don't think she does it on purpose though, I think she's just a perfectionist. Every time I do a document for her, I have to email it to her as well so she can make changes if necessary so I always read everything 2 or 3 times before I send it her way.

LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I mentally correct people's grammar and spelling errors, but I don't point them out for all to see. That's just rude.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Don't get me wrong I correct people's grammar and spelling sometimes. Not because I'm a know-it-all and not because I think I'm better then them. Simply because it drives me crazy when people misspell simple words or use improper grammar. I'm not perfect in the least bit when it comes to grammar and spelling either. I just think that some things that WERE taught in school should be used. This goes more for typing, writing, and text though. I don't think I've ever corrected someone while they were speaking though..

My uncle is the same way as your "friend". He corrects you while you're speaking and it's soo annoying. He definately thinks he is more educated then most. It is irritating.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't like that. I would delete him. I will correct my children. Never an adult.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Maybe he is trying to help everyone, not degrade them. Why can they not use proper grammar in the first place?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes I know people like that and I just look at him and say oh really. Just ignore them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't degrade anyone. However, with family or good friends - and even myself - I will sometimes correct grammar. This is something that I do for a living! I am a writer and proofreader. Correct grammar and spelling are very big with me.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yep...and then I purposely spell things wrong and pretend that i'm 5. i might be a little passive aggressive!
    heewe

Answer by heewe at 2:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think that a random mistake now or then due to haste or poor typing is no problem.You know,it's funny but I don't correct people's grammar and to think I teach English to foreigners too!Syntax,tenses,conjugation-the works!Of course,when I'm in class I do that all the time,but openly point out in no uncertain terms that someone has erroneously used words?No.I leave my profession in class when I get off work.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 3:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010