this goes to the question from earlier about black racist people

ok first of all i am not a racist but u have to kind of agree to disagree with the question yes it is wrong to think all black people are racist just like it is wrong to think all white people are racist. but you cant hate some one either for asking a question like that it just because of how they were raised. alot of black people grow up with there parents tell them how there relatives back in the day were slaves and they get it stuck in there head that all white people are bad some goes for white people thinking that black people are bad and so on. it all happened in the past it is part of are history and why should we have to think like that now. i have 2 boys and i will not teach them hate. it just drives me crazy how people act these days we should all just get along and have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As for people having a sense of Entitlement. That is a belief that is often taught by peers or parents. It is not limited to racial reasonings, it can be in religion, politics, gender, relationships,or any aspect of social groups or behaviors. How many of us have kids that complain about not having a cell phone, car, etc. HELLO sense of Entitlement! Really we're all guilty of it in one way or another.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• This is absurd, in my opinion.
    I don't hate the anon person who posted the question, I just don't think what they said was very kosher.. or even mildly intelligent. Why attempt to continue the racism battle by asking other mom's if they're going to teach their children entitlement just because of the color of their skin? Some black families don't even have slavery in their history, not even close, and they still cry out entitlement. I don't understand that. I think, if anything, they're shaming black history and what Martin Luther King worked so hard to prevent. By making them stand out like that.
    If they knew that the question was legit and completely idiotic, they wouldn't have posted anon.
    I wouldn't blame it on upbringing either. Yes, it has a lot to do with it, however, when you get older, I would hope you form your own opinions of right and wrong, and not just blame it entirely on your parents.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't "hate" the ANON person who posted that question.. I just think they worded it badly.. and it was a bad thing to say.. & if they didn't think it was somewhat wrong, they wouldn't have posted ANON. --Not trying to be rude to you..just giving my opinion! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree with superrMommyy, if that question really meant something to them or they really needed to get an answer they wouldn't have asked it anon. and they would of worded it differently so that other moms here wouldn't be offended, its just a way of showing ignorance towards a particular subject.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'm confused as to the question that brought this one about. I must have missed it. So since I am completely clueless as to the previous question I'll simply answer this. Racism is not just excluded to whites being racist against blacks. It goes across all lines and all races. Black, White, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, Asian, Native American, it doesn't matter. Any group can be racist against another.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i do agree that person did word it wrong and it was wrong of them to even write and i am not trying to continue a rasiest battle at all and i am not blaming peoples parents it is how they were brought up
    shannonsmom555

Comment by shannonsmom555 (original poster) at 2:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I wasn't saying my piece intending it towards you.
    I just think it's silly, overall, to even mention how they were brought up in to this...
    My DH was raised in a redneck, hillbilly town with a branch of the KKK in it. My MIL told my DH that it's okay to call blacks niggers because it just meant they were unclean. That, in itself, is very offensive... Unclean. Anyway. Despite that, my DH's upbringing has not affected him in any way.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2010