What vaccines do babies recieve when newborns?

New mama here...what vaccines do they normally recieve and at what age are they given? (If you agree to have all them done and not delay etc...)

dairyberrys

Asked by dairyberrys at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hep before you even leave the hospital and than they dont get anymore till your first drs visit
    jennette0704

Answer by jennette0704 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• http://aapredbook.aappublications.org/resources/IZSchedule0-6yrs.pdf

This is the recommended schedule.  They should also give you a hard copy at the hospital.

rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Hepatitis B -- first shot at the hospital, second at the one month visit. Nothing else until two months.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• At birth babies are given Hepatitis B, and an injection of Vitamin K (this one is not a vaccine, but used to prevent neonatal hemorrhage).

It's also important to ask your OB (if you're still pregnant), because not ALL docs give Hep B at birth. Some start at two months. When our 23 month old was born, our OB didn't give them at birth as their available Hep B vaccine was a part of a combo vax. They now have it as a single dose and offer it at birth.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Ok. I fully vax on the recommended schedule. At birth he got a hep b. Nothing else till 2 months when he got another Hep b, the drinkable rotavirus, dtap, hib, polio, and pneumococcal. If you want any of the other months, feel free to message me :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Wanted to tag on to Milfalicious08' comment.
    I think it depends on the hospital? Because my OB told me it had nothing to do w/ her it was up to the hospital and the ped. Regardless I had to sign a paper stating either yes or no on the Hep B vaccine in the hospital. I declined and the PED offered again at his check up 3 days later.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I really want to encourage you to look into the Hep B vaccine. http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases.aspx
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010