Need centerpiece ideas for party.....

I am in charge of the decorations for my hubby's grandmother's 90th birthday party. We are having it catered & it is at the church fellowship hall. I don't have time to get real elaborate so any ideas? I have 13 tabes to do. I want it to look nice without a big expense! Ideas?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Christmas tree shop for a bowl, and flower shaped candles to float in water. They don't even need to be lit (I know there might be rules about that) or even flower petals.
    Spazz0828

Answer by Spazz0828 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Small clear, glass containers filled with marbles..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Floating candles in long plain crystal vases, or floating flowers in those vases, if the tables are long put more than one, different sizes , preferably three if they are small tables go for less.

Answer by older at 2:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Depends on where you live. If you are near the beach you could do something like this, it is simple and super easy and elegant...
    favors Pictures, Images and Photos
    Or something like this... is she a spicy old gal?these would be pretty inexpensive, for tealight holders and peppers, or rose petals, or whatever her favorite flower is.
    Centerpieces Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• For my baby shower we did this ..

You get inexpensive Glass bowls at walmart
    http://img4.realsimple.com/images/0905/water-fruit-bowl_300.jpg
    You can find them in the craft section.

Then you buy lemons and oranges. Thinly slice the oranges and lemons and line them on the inside of the bowl. So that they're 'wallpapering' the inside of the bowl. Then fill with water. The fragrence will be nice for the guests and it really is beautiful. Now you can put a floating candle in the middle or you can do what we did and put a large Gerber daisy ontop. We used fake floweres, but you can use real if you wish. It really is a beautiful center piece.

You can also do like the picture shows and do really small fruits. Just use things like lemons, limes, oranges, etc. Because the thick skin will keep them from going bad in the water during the party.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2010