Aside from the Bible....

Saying that homosexuals are sinning, is there any other reason you disaprove how someone else leads their life?

Asked by older at 2:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I'm pretty sure homosexuality isn't the only sin listed in the Bible so I'm not sure why it is the one that gets all the attention in terms of how others live their lives.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i am a christian and dont believe in homosexuality but its also not my job to judge how ppl live their lives...in my opinion its just not natural but thats my opinion....to each their own
    tlgifford

Answer by tlgifford at 2:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No reason at all. You know I am all for gay rights. I really wish they would legalize it here. It would make a lot of people happy and would be great for our economy, too!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Maybe that there is no possible way that they were made for each other because the parts don't "fit"?

So then infidelity or cheating on your spouse with another man would be okay because the parts fit? Having multiple partners is okay because the parts fit? And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you're only together becasue the parts fit you're in more trouble than I thought. Marriage shouldn't be based on sex. JMO.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I could care less about homosexuals. They're still people looking for the same things "straight" people are looking for... Love, companionship, etc. I have a gay best friend that's absolutely hysterical and is a great person.
    As long as it doesn't affect my life negatively, I don't care what you do with your life - is my take on it.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Well according to the bible EVERYONE is a sinner and ALL sins are created equal, so does that really make it a valid point? Since everyone is a sinner, doesn't that make them NO better than someone who is a homosexual? Is hypocrisy a sin?

I have no issues with homosexuality, i'm all for love, no matter the gender of those engaged in it. But as far as other life choices...unless it has a directly negative impact on my life, I pay no mind. That's not to say that I would agree with it, or be happy with it, but if my life is going in the same direction, and not being thwarted by the actions of others, what could I really say or do?
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Pediophiliacs are rarely gay,and straights cheat too.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Bump for ya. Hope you get an answer.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't think annq.atlanta was trying to equate the two. I think what she was saying was that homosexuality does NOT cause harm to one's personal life, but that pedophilia and cheating does.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Christians, maybe it's none of your business and maybe they don't CARE what the bible says. The truth is that the homosexual lifestyle and even the issue of gay marriage has NO effect WHATSOEVER on your life or your silly beliefs. NONE!!! ZILCH!!! You just can't stand it that they are using the free will and genetic make-up that your god supposedly gave them to be happy in their lives, while you are being miserable in yours.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010