How is it possible....

...for the MAJORITY to feel "persecuted"?

Christians are the majority of the pie, yet the claim to be persecuted, denied "Rights" (just as a 4 year old feels that playing outside whenever he wants is a "right")... HOW, oh PLEASE, tell me HOW this is possible?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 2:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because we question them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I find it laughable myself.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• because people disagree with them maybe?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Don't you know questioning someone now equates to persecuting them.

purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Oh, the 'more persecuted than thou syndrome'.. I'm starting to wonder if it isn't just a competition or something?
    Is it rude to just start saying "Oh just get over yourself"? :)
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 3:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• because the Bible tells them they will be. so it must be true, right?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 5:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Actually, we covered the fact that they are NOT the majority in a question of mine the other day. Christians make up aprox. 1/3 of the population, which still makes them a stronger force than other religious groups, but when up against ALL non-Christians it makes them a minority.

That said, I find that Christians tend to scream "persecution" faster than any other smaller religious group. Maybe it's because they are all told they are the one and only, maybe it's because they grew up being told they are the only one's that matter or maybe it's because up until a few decades ago they were by far the majority and they can't get out of that state of mind... Whatever the reason, I say, be proud of who you are and don't let the beliefs, opinions or feelings of others bother you. If you find a corner of the world where everything is fare - MOVE, until then, learn to deal with diversity with love & kindness.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• They feel persecuted because the small number of people with a different opinion aren't doing as we're told. Kind of like elementary school, "mom, she won't play the game I want to play, send her to her room!"
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 5:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• oh look. another lets all bash the Christians post. Fun stuff.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I'm offended by your statements :) I'm a proud Christian and I believe if your going to do something do it right or don't do it at all! If your secure in your beliefs great!
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010