Does anyone else have trouble sleeping?

I can't stay asleep...any suggestions?

heewe

Asked by heewe at 2:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Health

• When I have trouble sleeping...I keep on hand the over the counter sleeping pills from the local dollar store.It says take two but I only take one.It works great for me...I get a good nights sleep and I wake up without feeling groggy.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 2:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have HORRIBLE insomnia... outside of meds (which I refuse to take), nothing has worked.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:55 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• it always helps me to eat but some ppl r different
    tlgifford

Answer by tlgifford at 2:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• counting sheep??
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• me too lately
    stress, too many things on my mind
    not list of things not getting done
    but issues i can not control

the humidity does not help either
    i am getting reading done
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Perhaps I should have said "Prescription meds"... not OTC.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I do.. I wake up like 6-7 times a night.. nothing wakes me up either, its like I just wake up -no reasons.. plus my son wakes up also still ( 2-1/2 ) so I wake up when he does also, I swear that must be why I am sick all the time.. I can't take anything Because I don't want to not hear my son or be groggy and edgy for him
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I write down what's on my mind when I can not sleep. It is as if I set those things aside and I'll deal with them the next day. Warm milk really does help too. My MIL used to get up and read, but she could sleep in too.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:20 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I was put on a anti - depressant about 6mths ago. it gave me insomina for 2 and half weeks. the best thing that helped me was trazodone, it helped alot. you can try honey and lemon in hot tea before bed time. read a borning book or a watch something really borning on tv. I hope that can help you. wish you the best of luck.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i like melatonin. it may not work the first or second night, but will gradually help your body adjust its own levels... after you take it regularly for a short while it actually helps your body reset itself. vitamin b6 was given to me in pregnancy for nausea, and it actually does the trick for me too... it has to do with serotonin regulation and conversion of tryptophan. i find that getting away from electronic stimuli helps - forget the computer and tv. also, don't eat too close to bedtime - eating starts up your digestive process - i.e. starts energy pumping in your body.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010