When I post (ask) a question how do I respond to individual answers to make it more personal?????

What am I doing wrong>? And what are Bumps? Also what are the + and - next to the answers for???? New here, can you tell? LOL

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You will just have to refer to the person's name because there isnt a way to reply directly to a certain person.
    If you like the question, you can bump it up and it helps it get answered by more people.
    The + is if you like an answer you can click that and it will vote it up & if you really disagree with an answer and think it is rude then you can - it and vote it down! Welcome! =)♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• welcomeUse their name when you post to your own question,plus and minus are to agree or disagree with answers

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You can answer their question by answering again - and letting them know that you're talking to them. Like...
    GoJoMom - blah, blah, blah.
    Or you can privately message them.
    Bumps are to help get your question answered, is the best way I can think to answer...
    + and - are to vote up or down on an answer - You have the ability to vote down on an answer at level 12.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You can type there SN(screen name) in your reply and the ---

Click on link for other answers:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/110866/forums/215873/Help_and_General_Information

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• If you are responding to a specific poster then you can copy and paste the part of their answer in your reply and then respond to it below the C&P.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!! I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!
    GoJoMom2448

Comment by GoJoMom2448 (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have responded privately by clicking on the person's name (under their reply), going to their home page , and then sending a message.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

IMO that is tacky. Unless it's asked for or necessary due to the limitations of the answers field, conversation in this section should stay here. That is one of the reasons there are so many anon answers. The same holds true for any other section or group.

OP I have noticed a trend in answers that seems to follow twitters @Screen Name to designate you are replying back to them. It's as good as any other method.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010