Those around Austin, Tx...

We are looking to move around there next month, we are going to look at rental houses probably this weekend. I have a huge list of homes in every different city around there and know nothing of any of them other than people saying Round Rock and Leander are nice. I would like to narrow down my list, are there any towns/areas of town that you would advise against? I want somewhere very clean and safe especially as my husband is usually gone for work. I want to join a mothers day out program and stroller strides so I hope to not be too far from them and good shopping/eating. Thanks for any help!

Chick

Asked by Chick at 3:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Travel

• I used to live in Austin near McNeil High School and I felt like that was relatively safe. I ended up moving away though so I could go to school, but my best friend still lives in Leander. She LOVES it! I have never heard a complaint from her, and they have lived there for 4+ years, and have a 2 year-old daughter.

I know it's not much helps, but I hope this helps at least a little!
    OmbreGracieuse

Answer by OmbreGracieuse at 3:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010