What do you think is the least amount of notice you can give to invite people to a birthday party?

I just found out that my daughter won a birthday party with everything paid for, pizza, drinks, cake and ice cream for her and 10 friends! Her birthday is on July 25th. The place she won it from told me that I can only have it on a Tues-Thurs. I told them I would call them back to discuss the date, so I could look over my calendar. I then called back, and they said he wont be there again until this Friday. Looking at my calendar, I would have to have it either July 20,21, or 22. But I have to wait for him to call me back to schedule the date and make sure that the date I want they are available. So my question is assuming I start to invite people on Friday, the 9th, and the party is either on the 20,21, or 22 is that too short notice?

I hate that it might be such short notice, but dont want to deprive her of a birthday party for free with all her friends and family!

dakajazz23

Asked by dakajazz23 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think it will be fine. Maybe say, "Sorry for the short notice... " on the invitation or when you call. People understand. Just keep in mind it's summer and a lot of people travel. Congrats on the win!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't think that is too short. I'd say 2 weeks is acceptable and that's pretty close to 2 weeks.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 3:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Oh, I don't think that's too short notice at all! Congrats on the awesome free bday party!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• thats at least 10 days you should be fine and if you want to cover yourself just explain that she won the party :) no one is going to be upset about that!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• yeah that ok to do a short notice on a invite & congrats on the bday win that is awesome
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2010