So let me get this straight...

People who support gay marriage have every right to say that they believe so, and discuss it...yet people who don't support it for religious reasons or others have no right to voice their opinion when asked? I couldn't help but notice how someone answered a simple "yes" to a yes or no question on the value of their marriage if gay marriage was legalized everywhere, and she got down voted 10 times the last time I checked. For a simple "yes"!!! The same people preaching "tolerance" had NO tolerance for how someone else may feel? That's hypocritical!

Let me add...I fully support gay marriage and gay rights, so before someone accuses me of feeling otherwise, get it straight. However, I also support the right to an opinion, regardless of the topic and stance you hold. It seems that there are many others on this site who don't. Do you?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 3:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It's ridiculous. no one can have a voice on this site without ppl bashing them and talking crap or voting them down. Obviously some people need growing up and realization that not EVERYONE agrees with them. And that is okay.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree. I've only used the votedown option a few times for people who are blatantly rude, which is what the button is supposed to do. Control trolls. This is not a popularity contest.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i completely agree! as long as u share their opinion its fine but as soon as someone disagrees they dont want to hear it
    tlgifford

Answer by tlgifford at 3:34 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• the op of that question wasnt asking about the morality of it or religious beliefs. i didnt down vote her though. i think everyone has equal rights to voice their opinions. even if i dont agree.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Tottally agree I noticed that also.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• If she is so insecure in her own relationship that she would feel threatened by a same sex couple being able to access the same rights as she has with her partner, that sounds like a huge personal issue.
    HOWEVER, religion has no place in sexuality, and definitely no place passing judgment of those who love differently than you.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:35 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I thought the whole point of voting someone down was to weed out the drama mommas and the people only here to bash and be cruel? DId I misunderstand how the vote down was intended to be used? I have not voted anyone down yet because to me its a tool to be used only in case of bad behavior not becuase you dont agree, thats JMO.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• What even happens if you get voted down? Do you lose credits or something? And if so, so what. It's not like you can cash them in or something.

Thats not the point, the point is abusing the vote down and using it simply because you can, put yourself in her place you give a one word answer and 10 people vote you down automatically because they dont agree, its just harsh.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree, it is not fair to get voted down simply because you have a different opinion.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 3:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't think anyone is asking Christians to stop being Christian. They are just sick of Christians using their religion to control what other's do. It is fine to have an opinion but completely different to think that because you have an opinion other people have to live their lives according to it.If you don't like gay marriage don't marry another woman.
    mommypip

Answer by mommypip at 3:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2010