What's the proper ettiquette for gift suggestions?

People have begun to ask what my son "needs" for his 1st birthday, and I've only been able to suggest gift cards, savings bonds, etc. I've also said he doesn't really "need" anything because he has lots of clothes and toys. We live in a small, one-story house, so we don't want people to buy huge toys where we can't store any place.

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 3:36 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just a gift card that doesn't expire would be alright since you can use it whenever.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I agree, if people are asking, just tell them gift cards for stores you like, or books stores are always great too.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think asking for gift cards is fine. Honestly, when my DD was a baby I asked for clothing in a bigger size, so she'd grow into it. She always gets fall clothing for her birthday, which is in August. It works nice. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:19 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You can make an online wishlist at popular stores too.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010