What recipe makes you think of home?

I am trying to come up with a way that my church group can be in many places at once and what better than cooking! So my idea is figuring out recipes from as many places as possible...example Chicago, IL is deep dish pizza, or New Orleans, Louisiana is Cajun. So what recipes are most popular in your neck of the woods-and where is your neck of the woods? Thanks so much!

candle5

Asked by candle5 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Food & Drink

• A Hot Dish....LOL...or Tater Tot caserole...or Brats on the grill? Minnesota. Oh, and Jello with mini marshmallows.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I don't have a neck of the woods... but when I think about "home" where the rest of my family is from (Upstate NY), I think fresh garden veggies, Venison Roast, or Fish... Hot Soup, freshly baked bread... and home made pie!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• venison burgers. mac n cheese. corn caserole. and everyone's fave choc chip cookies! i'm from arkansas
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Depends on the season. In the winter I would say a crock of chili with corn bread. We are big football country so chili is very popular in the fall...cozy too. In the summer, grilling is the name of the game. So anything on the grill really with salad or fruit and corn on the cob. Lemon or Keylime pie or fuit pie...and anytime the grill is lit, we have to make S'mores!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Thanks it's a great way to start!
    candle5

Comment by candle5 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• When I think of home, Spaghetti & Meatballs comes to mind and Apple pie. No correlation to neck of the woods, just great memories having eaten it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• We are Chicken Fried Steak or Tex Mex.
    drfink

Answer by drfink at 8:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Red velvet cake -mom always made it for our birthdays.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:12 AM on Jul. 7, 2010

• my hubby always makes me a red velvet cake for my birthday too. maybe there is something to it.
    candle5

Comment by candle5 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2010