Being to needy

Hi my names Nikki ,
I was married in 2009 and after a abusive and hurtful relationship I left my husband. We have been separated for almost a year now. And Im with a amazing man now who excepts me and my 2 year old daughter as is she were his . But I tend to notice I am very needy when I really try not to be. I feel I need constant approval and reassurance on everything do. I get mad and jealous more then I should though I hide it well ,I know this is all because of what I have been threw but no matter how much he says he loves me that everything is fine ect. I just keep seeing this broken person with nothing to offer ... Im afraid with time he will begin to notice my moods and be scared away ... does anyone have any advice on how I can overcome this needy nature.

Conjourlove

Asked by Conjourlove at 4:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• http://ezinearticles.com/?Relationships---How-to-Stop-Being-Needy-and-Start-Being-Attractive&id=1690567

Found this article for you. I used to be this way too. I just kind of grew out of it & realized how awesome i am...LOL! Do what makes you happy, stick to it, find a hobby that does not involve your BF, set small goals for yourself & actually do them. Hope this article can help a little.

You need to find what makes you unique & embrace it. Love yourself first!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Have you been to therapy? If not, that would be a good place to start. You can talk through all of the things you dealt with in your prior relationship and hopefully gain confidence again.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 4:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• first of all i would just talk to him about it... just ask him if he perceives you that way, ask if it's ok if sometimes you just need a little extra reassurance, and ask him to tell you why he loves you so much - if he is a really good guy, he will be honest about everything and it won't affect your relationship. meanwhile, build yourself up in any way you can. do things that you put off doing because your ex didn't approve, etc. find out about you as much as possible and reinforce your own happiness. if you're interested, pm me - i have a cool little meditation exercise you can use to get to know yourself on a deep level.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010