So we are no longer urged to express our opinions?

At least that is how I'm taking the 'Vote Up' buttons. If you don't conform to the norm, you get voted down? It should be that if you are rude or completely off topic, you get voted down. Wow, kindergarden.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I completely agree. If you answer a question honestly with your opinion and it doesn't agree with the questioner than why should it get voted down? The only answers that should be voted down are the ones that do not in any way answer the question or that are rude to the person asking the question. Voting down an answer because they don't agree with your opinion is childish......everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether it matches yours or not.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• That was the part I hated most about yahoo answers. I'm not a fan of it being implemented here. Very childish in some cases. I'm not saying all people will use it incorrectly, but they had to have known that's how many would interpret and/or use it.

I've tried to give this new answers section a fair try but it's just lost all it's adult feel to it.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 4:08 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• No one should get voted down just for they're honest opinion, but if your being a rude ass bitch then yes you should get voted down. That is JMO.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 4:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• still ticked about the whole 'yes' issue?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• That's sad. Because everyone is entitled to their belief.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I noticed that too, and while I don't agree with their opinion I still voted answers up.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 4:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think that is why the point system is freshman because Cafemom thinks we are little children and some of us are. I think the vote up or down button is going to be used the wrong way because we have people on here that have no respect for themselves so they have no respect for anyone else.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 4:47 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I think it's in a respectful way. If you don't, I think people vote you down for disrespectful answers. I've only done it once and it was someone who was making the asker feel like crap.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I noticed on another question about gay marriage, that those who said it would offend them got voted down without being rude, just for answering honestly.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The vote up or down is also an expression of opinion.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 6, 2010