ANEURYSMS ?

id like to hear experiences from other moms out there that have survived a ruptured brain or vertebra artery aneurysm, how did dr repair it, what complications did you have. how long ago.

Windwalker2002

Asked by Windwalker2002 at 4:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Health

• Ive never had one personally, but my father had a double aneurysm about 7 or 8 years ago. He had to get surgery to remove them and is still on medication til this day to help cope w/ the migraines.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:12 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have an AVM in my brain stem. Much like an aneurysm. It is a mass of blood vessels where the arteries and veins did not differentiate during fetal development and they are veins under arterial pressure. When I exercise (i.e. get heart rate over 100) the AVM leaks serum and causes SEVERE headache and vomiting (docs say it is the clinical opposite of a migraine, but with same symptoms). I've had brain surgery 13 times for insertion and revision of VP shunt to allow CSF to drain out of head. AVM caused normal pressure hydrocephalus. All this started showing symptoms at age 27 (not under 2 or over 72 as would be expected).
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 4:41 AM on Jul. 7, 2010