Is your area in the midst of a heat wave?

Is today hotter and more humid than yesterday? It sure is here.

Do you think it is a good idea to test your endurance by going for a short run today at about 3pm?

LauraMi261

Asked by LauraMi261 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Were always in a heat wave... 105 is nothing.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Its 101 here in PA I will not be going out today My air conditioner is my best friend today!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 4:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• You betcha! Its hotter than Hades! I mentioned to the hubby to get the AC in, but he hasnt done it yet. The thermometer says 101
    actingout

Answer by actingout at 4:28 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• humid yes,hot no. Up until a half hour ago it was in the 70's. Wisconsin

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• II'm near St. Louis, and the heat index is 99º today. It's warm, but not as hot as it usually is this time of year.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 4:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• im in nj and its 105 but the heat index is 112 so if its anything like that NO a run would not be a good idea! lol there are all sorts of alerts right now- heat advisory, and air quality alerts are not to be played with! if ur in a well air conditioned area i guess some aerobics would be ok but not outside or in a house with no ac! keep kewl!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Sweating it out near Detroit. Leaving my air conditioned office shortly for my un-air conditioned home. Last night when we went to bed it was 96 degrees in our house.

I don't mind the heat as much as the stickyness and the sweating. I hate when my hair starts dripping sweat.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i live in redwood city, california and it has been getting hot. but im lucky to have 2 days of some what cool breeze. dreading for the up comming heat.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• TRY 109!!! or 112 thats the highest this week where i am...

one year it got up to 122.... so count your blessings.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Yes, hot here. No, I don't think an endurance run in the heat would be a good idea. If you decide to go have plenty of water with you and let somebody know where you are.

Answer by Bmat at 4:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010