I am so sad right now!!!

So my dh and i had planned on taking dd to disneyland for her birthday on July 24th we have the entire trip already paid for tickets, hotel everything but food. Well we just found out that someone got a hold of dh's ssn and bank account info. They have drained EVERYTHING!!! The bank told us it can take up to 30 days to get the money back and there is no way it will be back in our account by the 24th. So now we have a trip paid for but, we can't go because we wouldn't have anyway of buying food on the trip. we had to put cancel all of our cards and there is nothing we can do now. I am so sad..anyone have any advice on how to tell dd that we can not go to disneyland anymore (she's 4 btw) oh and just also have to say I am really pissed off that we are now going to lose the $1080.00 that we already paid for the trip because the company said we missed the date that we would have to cancel to get our money back!!! GRRRRRR!!!

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Can you by chance get another credit card or even borrow the money ?? That seems just SO close to not be able to go and SO sorry that someone did this to you!! ugh.. what a nightmare!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Can you not bring food? Do they have mini fridges in the hotel? Coolers? leave for lunch and come back?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• well, if trip is paid for, and you just need money for food- have you considered asking relatives for some help?
    if it was my niece or the like, I want to help out as a birthday present or something- good luck!

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Maybe a relative can lend the money considering the circumstances.

Answer by Bmat at 5:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I would talk to your relatives. It's not like they can't be repaid as soon as your accounts are back in order.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Don't you wonder what takes a bank and credit card companies 30 days to get your money back in your account? I mean the bank uses your extra money the next day after you put it in your account to invest and make money, but they always have to "research" it and what else do they do again? If you sign the thing that says someone stole your money and you are going through law enforcement, why does it take 30 days? The magic number!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:04 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i agree with all of these posts! but yeah u shouldnt cancel the trip- u should bring food with u! it doesnt seem fair!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Well, we had our bank account drained and our bank put the money back in within a few days. HUGE MESS!! It did get done. Maybe you should talk to the bank. They really don't want to leave you with no money. Actually, come to think of it, we had the money put back in temporary and had so many days to fax in the paperwork and police report. I really hope you can make your trip. Sorry you are going through this. It's just not fair. :(
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I have asked everyone i can think of but, no one will help us (not to sound rude but dh and i are in a way better financial sitution than any of our family) as far as bringing food i don't think i would be able to...I can you check a suitcase full of food at the airport (lol) We looked into getting another credit card but the companies we have talked to said it will take 14 BUISNESS days which means we MIGHT get it before we leave and i don't think we should bank on that ya know?
    momofone072506

Comment by momofone072506 (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I can't imagine it's going to take 30 days - like Lifes-A-Dance said - the magic number. I'll bet you have your money back within the week. If I were you, I'd be on the phone with the bank at least twice a day - once in the morning to find out what they plan to do that day and then again that afternoon to find out what they did. I would want to know where my money is! Don't take '30 days' for an answer! Go down to the bank and talk to everyone until you get to the president if you have to - get results!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 5:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010