come on now this is 2010....

Ok so im sick of people asking me if my husband is a terroist or knows saddam, just bc his FAMILY is from iraq, yes they are from irag, but they arent muslim or arabs they are chaldeans, they speak a dif laguage. In Iraq way way at the top is mangish and thats where all the chaldeans live and what not.....i live in Detroit, and there is alot of middle eastern people here, its most of the population here, anyway I got harrased at walmart by a white older man that was like why? i was like why what, he was like why are u with him, his people bombed our country your a trader. You might as well be one of the white whores that that them monkeys......needless to say my husband flew off the handle and the police got called and every one was saying it was me and dh that caused the argument, and the cops beleived him bc he was white and old and my dh is young from iraq!! Its starting to piss me off! sorry just needed a vent!!!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I am so sorry you and your family are being treated that way. I'm sorry people are racist and can't treat people with respect. I am trying to best to teach my children how to be kind, respectful and polite to all people. It is the only way we are going to change the ways of the past and make a brighter future.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:15 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• That is awful... People can be so rude. My husband was deployed to Iraq for 13 months in '05 and '06 he learned a lot while there.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:16 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• Sorry people can be mean :( *hugs*
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• seriously? unbelievable! I"m sorry this happened to you.
    some people just don't know how to act I suppose.
    My sound like a weird solution, but if this sort of thing happens a lot, have you considered carrying a camera with video capabilities to record the events? may not be a complete answer, but may help with the whole your word against theirs thing.
    I've done that on public transportation and such when drivers would do things like text while driving. I'd get them on video claiming that it was OK for them to text while driving.

If it's OK for the bus and for you to get recorded everywhere you go, then I figure that recording these sort of things is OK too.

I'd rather get kicked out of walmart for making a video than having trouble with the police for confrontations like this!
    I hope it gets better for you- being treated like this isn't right!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010