what is your experience with the IUD?

it was great the first year but now i think i am having problems with it

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 5:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i had a lot of problems with mirena
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i am on my second IUD, the have Paragard that lasts ten years and is non hormonal. I have had great experiences with it. Mirena is really different though.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 5:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I loved mine, but it dident work for me bc i have a tilted cervix and it fell out, but it was good while it lasted lol
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I wore the copper tip one for about a year before I decided to get pregnant. I really liked how convenient it was since I can't take hormonal bc.

The downsides... I had heavy cramping the first week, and my cycles were a bit heavier. It was not bad enough to make me want it removed.

After my c-section my dr found some fibroids and recommended not using it any longer.

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:33 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I really liked mine. i'm not the type to remember to take a pill everyday at a certain time or anything so it was nice not to worry about it. Mine did, however, fall out after 2 1/2 years, i'm not sure why. but i do plan on getting it replaced after i have my baby.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 5:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• still havving issues with mine. it is embedded in my uterus and now has to be "dug out", lets just say im not too happy :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• I've had Mirena for 4 years now (just went for my check-up on the 1st). Never had an issue with it. No bleeding (other than the first week), no cramps, no nothing. I love it. DR tried to talk me out of it, but I wasn't having it, I did my research. He agreed I was well-informed, and so far has been thrilled with how my body accepted it. Too bad I have to have it taken out next year (5 years)...sigh...
    Ezranight

Answer by Ezranight at 6:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• The IUD has a long history of PID, infertility and class action lawsuits.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:57 PM on Jul. 6, 2010

• i never had one.
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2010